FREE ALL DAY!
Ring in the new year and celebrate the Year of the Dog with fun arts and crafts, food, cultural activities, and exciting performances!
- Traditional mochitsuki (Japanese rice pounding ritual) performance byKodama Taiko
- Shishimai (Japanese-style lion dance) performance by Kinnara Taiko
- Koto performance by Yuki Yasuda (Yuki Yasuda Koto School)
- Drawing demonstration and book signing by Usagi Yojimbo creatorStan Sakai (Usagi Yojimbo Dojo)
- Dog candy sculptures by Shan the Candyman
- Souvenir photos by Nerdbot Photo Booth
- Foster/adopt a dog with Dogs Without Borders
- Osechi-ryori (Japanese New Year traditional foods) tasting
- Lucky zaru soba (cold buckwheat noodles) with Kidding Around the Kitchen
- Fun Oshogatsu and Year of the Dog-inspired crafts, origami, and coloring activities
- Fukubukuro (lucky grab bags) at the JANM Store
- JANM Members Only reserved seating and express lines
- FREE ADMISSION ALL DAY to see “Transpacific Borderlands: The Art of Japanese Diaspora in Lima, Los Angeles, Mexico City, and São Paulo” (through February 25, 2018), “Common Ground: The Heart of Community,” and “Contested Histories: Art and Artifacts from the Allen Hendershott Eaton Collection” (January 7 – April 8, 2018)
Check janm.org/oshogatsufest2018 for complete schedule.
Sponsored by Los Angeles County Arts Commission.