We are hiring! Please read the positions below carefully and submit your cover letter and resume! We look forward to meeting you.
Foster Coordinator – part time 25-30 hrs/week, weekday afternoons, 1 weekend day – $15/hr
Duties include but not limited to:
- Recruit foster parents to temporarily house homeless dogs and coordinate their transfers.
- Provide support during their fostering period with basic medical knowledge and training.
- Schedule medical & grooming appointments and transports.
- On-location adoption events in Hollywood or Encino on weekends.
- Work with rescue dogs/dog care of all temperaments
- Transport dogs and supplies to events
Although this position ultimately helps homeless dogs in need, the position involves closely working with humans. The right candidate MUST be confident, positive, empathetic, charismatic, and outgoing as well as extremely tolerant and sensitive to an array of personalities.
The right candidate must also possess the following: (DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT POSSESS THESE QUALIFICATIONS. LOVING DOGS ALL YOUR LIFE IS NOT ENOUGH SO PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE IN WORKING WITH RESCUED DOGS AND ARE FAMILIAR WITH THEIR ISSUES).
- Possess dog behavior knowledge including strong understanding of the typical behaviors of rescue dogs and how to resolve common issues such as dogs that have been neglected, abused, or un-socialized..
- Familiar with common medical issues associated with rescued dogs such as Kennel Cough, eye/ear/urinary infections, skin issues (dermatitis, mange, allergies), etc.
- Prefer candidate with basic dog-medical knowledge that can vaccinate and microchip dogs and provide basic medical care (trim nails, clean ears, etc) *we will train
- Not squeamish of dogs that may be dirty, injured, sick, etc.
- Computer savvy, well versed on Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Dropbox, Docusign, Gmail, Facebook, Mailchimp, and easily able to learn new internal software applications.
- Highly organized, detailed, able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Team player, solution oriented, transitions easily to new situations.
- Available weekdays including one day per weekend, flexibility required as schedule subject to change as needed.
- Must be available for occasional special events as needed.
- Approachable, confident, positive, charismatic, and outgoing in person and on the phone & email.
- Previous customer service experience
- Flexible in occasionally leave the office for dog or supply pick up and drop offs when needed.
- Must love dogs and humans alike!
- Able to communicate clearly, compassionately and diplomatically.
If you are committed to helping dogs, and like to work in a positive environment where you can make a difference in both dogs and humans’ lives alike. This opportunity is for you!
Dog Rescue Adoption Coordinator/Office Manager – $15 / hour – Full-time
Candidate must be PASSIONATE ABOUT DOG RESCUE AND HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH RESCUES as well as possess the following attributes:
- Acute attention to detail
- Organized, and manages time efficiently
- Works well with others, maintains a positive demeanor at all times
- Able to delegate tasks and oversee volunteers
- Experience working with dogs and humans alike
- Knowledge of typical rescue dog behavior, medical issues and treatments
- Strong communications skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, MS Word, Excel, ETC.
- Keeps a clean and neat work environment
- Team player
- Able to work in fast paced environment and wear many hats
- Reliable transportation
- Willing to work in an office environment and travel to events.
Dogs Without Borders is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.